Poll: Food&Drink MCAT day vs. +/- AAMC deviation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vayntraubinator

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A key component of this exam is definitely energy.

So, I think it would be interesting to observe whether +/- Actual MCAT scores vs average AAMC scores are related to your preparation food-wise.

Members don't see this ad.

i heard ur brain works better if you are a LITTLE hungry

i tend to think so too

So, I think it would be interesting to observe whether +/- Actual MCAT scores vs average AAMC scores are related to your preparation food-wise.

I think you're leaving out the most important component in that case - the number of hours of restful sleep the night before.

I think you're leaving out the most important component in that case - the number of hours of restful sleep the night before.

Lol, that is true. I guess that would be for another poll. But I was really surprised with the sheer number of people who would have nothing, or open up their locker just to drink from a water bottle :p

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard ur brain works better if you are a LITTLE hungry

i tend to think so too

I think it would be very interesting to research brain activity in relation to glucose and acetoacetic acid concentrations within the bloodstream. Proving that there is a ideal conc. ratio of both is something I would like to see. Can anyone here forward me a related research paper on this?

No N/A selection.

Didn't take any practices at all. Well I did take a diagnostic my freshman year before I took any prereqs for fun and got like a 21. (does that count?)

Snacks: Assorted nuts w/ craisins + a bottle of water.

No N/A selection.

Didn't take any practices at all. Well I did take a diagnostic my freshman year before I took any prereqs for fun and got like a 21. (does that count?)

Snacks: Assorted nuts w/ craisins + a bottle of water.

not sure how to change it. But I wouldnt vote off a diagnostic. You have to have taken at least one aamc close to the exam date. :p

7/16'er here.

I went up roughly 6 I believe from my AAMC average. Clif bars and gatorade all the way.

I'm sure you'll do great! :)

I'm going to start a caffeine drip (I'm in it for the long haul) and have a little catapult thingy that pops an M&M in my mouth Q7min (passage timer). :laugh:

But seriously, can we have food or drink in the room? Do you have to step out to grab a swig or a bite?

I'm going to start a caffeine drip (I'm in it for the long haul) and have a little catapult thingy that pops an M&M in my mouth Q7min (passage timer). :laugh:

But seriously, can we have food or drink in the room? Do you have to step out to grab a swig or a bite?

I was at a Prometric/Sylvan test center, and we were assigned lockers at the beginning of the day. I ask the proctor if I could keep my food/drinks in the locker, as it is their policy that you cannot bring them in the testing room. When you practice, time those 10 minute breaks and imagine walking outside, signing out, opening a locker, eating/drinking, signing back in, and hopping on the computer. My breaks were staggered with the other test takers (worked out by chance) so I had no delays when running to the restroom or signing in/out. I would call your center to ask about their specific policies.

I had icecream and pie (not kidding) from applebees in my lunchbox. I also had a banana. I didn't finish all of it but it was a nice treat lol. The applebees waiter's name was and I kid you not, "Luke Skywalker" well that's what it said on his name tag anyways. This was how I knew I would do well on the MCAT. The force was with me.

3+ higher than AAMC.

Ate almost nothing (but still technically something,) two peanut-butter-cheddar-cracker sandwich things between verbal and the writing samples.

Furthering my attitude that: for serious, guys, stop worrying so much about getting your fat/protein/complex carbohydrate ratios accurate to three significant figures.

Just...eat food. Make sure to eat at least three squares a day or two before, and then...eat food. There's no secret to it. There are no magical foods, and no death foods. The only thing you really need to do is avoid massive blood-sugar swings in one direction or the other to keep from getting too sleepy or sweaty/jittery/hypoglycemic.

There are so, so, so many more important things to worry about for this test than your diet. Go do some physics flashcards.