Poll: How will coronavirus affect the pathology job market?

Started by deleted915203
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How will coronavirus affect the pathology job market?


  • Total voters
    43
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope volumes jump back up quick but I could easily see this being a slow trickle back to normal. There will be a lot of medicare patients to serve but many are going to lose their private insurance.
 
I hope volumes jump back up quick but I could easily see this being a slow trickle back to normal. There will be a lot of medicare patients to serve but many are going to lose their private insurance.

I can't agree more with your analysis.
Future volumes will be determined by how safe patients feel verses the urgency of seeing a physician

Perhaps more importantly with insurance and unemployment
 

Link going into what forensic pathologists are going through with Coronavirus

I do not think all these cases should be subjected to routine autopsy. There is no compelling reason.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk