Poll: PLEASE CHOOSE, VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PLEASE CHOOSE, IT WILL ONLY TAKE 1 SECOND

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shawty ya'head

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please choose school you would attend:

Georgetown
Maryland
Jefferson
Penn State
Wake Forest
Drexel

Members don't see this ad.

why so often when i go to do these polls it says "this is a public poll, others can see your choice". then once the poll is done you can't see who chose which one? am i missing something? i know i've seen public polls before :confused:

Psycho Doctor said:
why so often when i go to do these polls it says "this is a public poll, others can see your choice". then once the poll is done you can't see who chose which one? am i missing something? i know i've seen public polls before :confused:

If you click on the number of votes for one of the choices, it takes you to a page that shows who chose what.

Members don't see this ad :)
TwoLegacies said:
If you click on the number of votes for one of the choices, it takes you to a page that shows who chose what.
ah stupid me :oops: and to think i've done that already on other polls..thanks

thats right.

it'd be tough for me to go to wake. i'm a HUGE carolina bball fan.

shawty ya'head said:
thats right.

it'd be tough for me to go to wake. i'm a HUGE carolina bball fan.

just don't let your fellow classmates know that!

not much of a competition now but Maryland won the final four in 2002

If I didn't have to worry about money, I'd have a hard time choosing between Penn State and Maryland. I absolutely loved Penn State :love: But since I do have to worry about $$, Maryland is my school of choice :)

i know exactly what you mean.

g'town has a sweet match list though. but $$.

Wake Forest....their gonna get a #1 seed this year

shawty ya'head said:
i know exactly what you mean.

g'town has a sweet match list though. but $$.

shawty, have you heard back from Gtown yet? I think we interviewed right around the same time...just wondering.

Oh, I would go with either Maryland or Gtown. But I didn't apply to basically any of the schools on your list (aside from Gtown), so I'm not quite certain how they stack up...

I second Tinkerbelle. I would have a hard time choosing between Penn State and UMD if I were accepted at both. They are both great schools, with nice facilities, great curriculum, and happy students.
I really really LOVED penn state when I went there. And, unfortunatly, I haven't been invited to interview at UMD... but, I know the school very well and I love it too.
In the end, I think I would go to UMD just because my heart is there. That's "home". My family and friends are there, etc.

I don't understand these polls. If one school is favored over another, is that going to be your decision maker? Or are you still going to go with your gut? If it's the latter, then why conduct a poll at all?

heh, I picked Drexel because it looked lonely

no clue where I'd actually go, but then again, the poll instructions were: please choose one. It didn't say WHY we were choosing them :p

ajt,

i got in g'town yesterday. i'm in kind of a dilemma.

interesting situation.

Shawty - this is a big decision for you and I would really suggest talking to a couple of doctors and med students, not just us premed folk. Wake and Maryland are both really good schools......I interviewed at a lot of the same schools, and I would honestly advise you to be careful w/ Gtown. There is a lot of shady stuff going on w/ their hospital that they don't say ANYTHING about on interview day (obviously). They really try to sell the school to you when you interview there...just be careful, I would really talk to some doctors about this, especially in the DC/maryland area. Just my $0.02! gluck! :luck:

maryland has an AMAZING hospital: new, contemporary, tasty architecture; nice library and facilities. I was surprisingly impressed.

Plus everyone I met was down-to-earth, friendly and overall nice and chill. If only that was in-state for me.....

(baltimore's cleaned up too)

I'd go to Maryland. I liked the vibe of the place. People seemed relaxed, the facilities are nice and Baltimore is close to my closest friends and family.

CalGirl said:
Shawty - this is a big decision for you and I would really suggest talking to a couple of doctors and med students, not just us premed folk. Wake and Maryland are both really good schools......I interviewed at a lot of the same schools, and I would honestly advise you to be careful w/ Gtown. There is a lot of shady stuff going on w/ their hospital that they don't say ANYTHING about on interview day (obviously). They really try to sell the school to you when you interview there...just be careful, I would really talk to some doctors about this, especially in the DC/maryland area. Just my $0.02! gluck! :luck:

Hey calgirl, could u please either pm or just post specific "shady stuff", and what if any effect that would have on either the school or residency choices?

I live/work in Maryland and from what I've heard, read, and talked to people about, the main thing is that there's less money to be spent all around, so students may be required to work more in hospitals (i.e. more experience regardless of the initial cause) and less money for financial aid (which I'm lucky enough not to need too much of).

I wasn't aware that there was anything deliberately underhanded going on and am slightly worried by the vauge shadiness several posts have referred to. Especially now since I just sent my letter of intent in a few days ago after serious deliberation, as although I don't have acceptances, I'm on the waitlists for most of those schools up there.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Attentive- I do not really know what is going on w/ Georgetown, but I have just heard that their hospital is basically in the red. I think it would be best if you ask any doctors in the DC/maryland area about it, they may know what is up. I know it may just be rumors, but these are rumors I've heard from a bunch of different people, so there's got to be some truth in it...maybe talking to Georgetown students would also clear things up? I am not sure..sorry I can't be of more help, if I find anything out I will post it! :)

I'd choose Jefferson. I don't know too much about the other schools; I do know that the Jefferson hospital system is very good, and the school offers great clinical training in 3rd & 4th yr.

shawty, go to jeff..
there is absolutely nothing to do in winston salem;
baltimore is like a run-down, more ghetto, more depressing philly with less character and culture;
penn state- come on, you gonna live in hershey?
and g'town is absolutely whack; never met a cool person from g'town. stuck up with a false sense of superiority.

and you should know that your previous post, which i pasted below, sealed my decision on jeff. in the middle of typical sdn comments: "oh look at their amazing match list; brown is ivy league; is this even a question" (in typical premed dork voice), there was your post:

jeff w/o doubt
great city - best in america
great clinics
great opportunities
providence is whack
brown hospital sucks
e-a-g-l-e-s
cheesteaks

honestly, it sealed the deal. i'm picking it over bu and brown and i'm very happy with the decision. well done shawty. :thumbup: