Reapplicant applying very late-should I even bother?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superdesperate

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to various not good reasons, I won't be complete at certain schools for the next few days (so late Sept.). I'm a reapplicant and non-trad. My school list is at 40+ schools, so I'm expecting to spend a LOT of money.

Should I even bother for MDs? @Goro

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's too late for MD, except for your own state school(s).

40+ schools is madness. Writing that many essays is bound to degrade the quality. It's also likely that many are a poor fit for you.

Also, as a reinventor with a 510 MCAT, I don't think that you'll get much traction, expect with DO schools.

I have had students submit this late and get accepted but was very much the exception and not the rule, and not something I'd recommend.

That said, I can't seem to convince a lot of the students in this situation not to apply, so....

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Due to various not good reasons, I won't be complete at certain schools for the next few days (so late Sept.). I'm a reapplicant and non-trad. My school list is at 40+ schools, so I'm expecting to spend a LOT of money.

Should I even bother for MDs? @Goro
You got your new MCAT score in May, so have you submitted some of your schools?
What delayed you these last few months?

Reactions: 1 users
You got your new MCAT score in May, so have you submitted some of your schools?
What delayed you these last few months?
I finished up my last post bacc classes in august. And I received one of my letters a bit late. The plan was to be complete by Sept 15th but life gets in the way. I'm going to submit everything to all my MDs tonight and remove a few others from my list. I'll be grateful for an interview but I probably don't have a chance in most of these schools anyway, regardless of the submission date.