POLL: What's you're "batting average?" (interviews offered/schools applied to)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What's your avg? (Interviews offered/Schools Applied to)

• 0%

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • 5%

• 10%

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 15%

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • 20%

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • 25%

Votes: 21 10.3%
  • 30%

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • 35%

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • 40%

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • 45%

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • 50%

• 55%

• 60%

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • 65%

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • 70%

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • 75%

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • 80%

• 85%

• 90%

• 95%

• 100%

Votes: 15 7.4%

• Total voters

swtiepie711

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Inspired by the back & forth on the # of interviews poll :)

Members don't see this ad.

You bumped this thing after a whole 15 min?? Come on, enough of these already. How many different brag-about-your-interviews-and-acceptances threads do we need?

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no real boasting since we don't know who clicked what.

I'm actually curious about this one. I'm guessing its going to be bimodal. I dont know why, but I have the impression that SDN has very uber successful applicants and very uber unsuccessful applicants.

You bumped this thing after a whole 15 min?? Come on, enough of these already.

It fell to the bottom of the page very quickly, just bumped it up once - sheesh! :)

How many different brag-about-your-interviews-and-acceptances threads do we need?

This isn't a bragfest - SDNrs in the other post kept saying that pure numbers weren't helpful, that they wanted a percentage - hence the inspiration for this :) Plus, this says nothing of acceptances...

I'm actually curious about this one. I'm guessing its going to be bimodal. I dont know why, but I have the impression that SDN has very uber successful applicants and very uber unsuccessful applicants.

Seems to be a bit bimodal already... hm....

Although this is an improvement, we really need some kind of formula that incorporates everything from pre-secondary screening to interviews to waitlists to acceptances. That would truly give a picture of how "well" applicants were doing.

I'll now wait about 15 minutes for that poll to pop up. :D

Although this is an improvement, we really need some kind of formula that incorporates everything from pre-secondary screening to interviews to waitlists to acceptances. That would truly give a picture of how "well" applicants were doing.

I'll now wait about 15 minutes for that poll to pop up. :D

\ :oops: / <-- That's me throwing my hands up - I give up! I give up! Hahaha

Seems like we should wait till the end of the season, or at least until non-rolling schools accept. This is kind of pointless right now.
Also, waaahhhh, wrong "your."

Also, waaahhhh, wrong "your."

Holy smokes! I never make mistakes like that! Sheesh! Good catch, Dopa!

Sheepishly changing the title....

EDIT: Darnit - look above - I managed to edit it in one title but not the other! How's that even possible!? Haha... oh well... sorry, guys

Holy smokes! I never make mistakes like that! Sheesh! Good catch, Dopa!

Sheepishly changing the title....

EDIT: Darnit - look above - I managed to edit it in one title but not the other! How's that even possible!? Haha... oh well... sorry, guys

I know you're not the grammar mistake type, so I almost had to. Sorry. :laugh:

[sarcasm]
This is a horrible poll. How do I know that people don't just apply to one safety school and get an interview, and have a fantastic 100% rate? How can I skew the numbers to make myself with my lowly rate look better? I'm going to start talking about inadequacies of this thread until I feel better about myself. Waaah.
[/sarcasm]

There is no real boasting since we don't know who clicked what.

:thumbup:
Definitely bimodal already. I would agree about your predictions on SDN though. There's the large number of "I don't have any interviews, waaah" threads, and then there are the people who remain more quiet about their records who you then are impressed by their mdapplicants page (I'm looking in yor direction Stolen).

Mostly what this survey predicts, though, is that some people are better than others in deciding where to apply. Still an interesting statistic unto itself. (Although, I find most statistics interesting. It's just important to understand what they do and do not tell you- I'm not going to say whose direction I'm looking in now).