POLL: When you took your first ever DAT practice test, how did you score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuantumMan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is meant to help others gain confidence when first studying for the DAT.

A few weeks back, I took my first DAT reading comprehension practice test and Bio test on BC and I got an 18 on both. <15 on PAT, QC. 17 on OC and GC. I've always thought myself to be a smart person, but this was an ego destroyer and it has decreased my confidence in my intellectual abilities. Until recently, I realized that the mind is plastic and it can be improved with practice. Practice actually causes real physical changes in the brain. I do not know why I was beating myself up and had such low confidence in my abilities, that was the most irrational thinking I have ever had to deal with. This brought me distress and it made me feel inadequate. So I hope this thread would give confidence to those who are just beginning to study for the DAT and felt a lack of confidence due to their first practice test. I feel like the biggest barrier to doing well on the DAT is psychology (rational lines of thinking) and confidence.

Can you also post your real score in the comments and also tell us how did you score in your first DAT practice test and the actual DAT.

For those of you who think practice doesn't make perfect:

Your mental abilities aren't fixed.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I scored a 23 AA on the actual DAT, but started off with a first score of 19AA... Actually on most of my practice exams, I was scoring 19 AA. On a few exams, I scored a 20AA, but only because my guesses on the PAT (angles lol) were correct.

Reactions: 1 user
I just took my first practice test today but for only 2 subjects. My first scores were 18 for GC and a 16 in Bio on Qvault. I don't have the DAT for another 2 weeks. Yes I have been studying a lot...and yes I'm very afraid of the scores I have right now lol Waiting to see how my future tests turn out. Hopefully a good sign of improvement.

I scored a 23 AA on the actual DAT, but started off with a first score of 19AA... Actually on most of my practice exams, I was scoring 19 AA. On a few exams, I scored a 20AA, but only because my guesses on the PAT (angles lol) were correct.
This describes me exactly.

Reactions: 1 user