Poor GPA Post-Bacc (Get me in somewhere!)

Started by Maxprime
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maxprime

Higgs chaser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*Edited* I was an idiot in undergrad and have a beautiful 2.7GPA to show for it - double majors, while working all 4 years, and some personal reasons. I am looking to get into the post-bacc program that has the best chance of getting me into a MD program (in the states). I was told that my best shot may be a post-bacc that is linked with a med school, I just don't know of any I can get into. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

*Note - I changed the thread title to a more appropriate question - ignore previous responses if they're confusing.
 
You can always go to Harvard Extension - if you're in the Boston area. Or do your own 'post-bac' by taking undergrad classes at a college/university in your area. Just be sure to take them as an undergrad vs grad, since grad classes will not improve your undergrad gpa.

best
 
faith100 said:
You can always go to Harvard Extension - if you're in the Boston area. Or do your own 'post-bac' by taking undergrad classes at a college/university in your area. Just be sure to take them as an undergrad vs grad, since grad classes will not improve your undergrad gpa.

best

*edited* I wouldn't mind relocating to the Boston area to do this - how well is it respected? I mean I know it's Harvard, but how is it thought of? Has anyone had any good/bad reviews of it? Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maxprime said:
*edited* I wouldn't mind relocating to the Boston area to do this - how well is it respected? I mean I know it's Harvard, but how is it thought of? Has anyone had any good/bad reviews of it? Thanks.

From what I have heard it is very well respected. I had a meeting with my premed advisor (I'm a college senior needing to finishing my premed requirements after graduation) and told her my plan, which included attening Harvard Extension, and she was very supportive of the idea - she mentioned that quite a few students from my college (and other schools too of course!) have done the same thing and have gone on to medical school.

There is a huge thread...it's 'Official: Harvard 2005' http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=178921
it has A LOT of info you should search for it, it's on the post-bacc conference, just scroll down 🙂