Poor GPA Post-Bacc (Get me in somewhere!)

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by Maxprime, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Maxprime

Maxprime Higgs chaser
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    *Edited* I was an idiot in undergrad and have a beautiful 2.7GPA to show for it - double majors, while working all 4 years, and some personal reasons. I am looking to get into the post-bacc program that has the best chance of getting me into a MD program (in the states). I was told that my best shot may be a post-bacc that is linked with a med school, I just don't know of any I can get into. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

*Note - I changed the thread title to a more appropriate question - ignore previous responses if they're confusing.

2. faith100

faith100 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You can always go to Harvard Extension - if you're in the Boston area. Or do your own 'post-bac' by taking undergrad classes at a college/university in your area. Just be sure to take them as an undergrad vs grad, since grad classes will not improve your undergrad gpa.

best

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    Maxprime

Maxprime Higgs chaser
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    *edited* I wouldn't mind relocating to the Boston area to do this - how well is it respected? I mean I know it's Harvard, but how is it thought of? Has anyone had any good/bad reviews of it? Thanks.

4. Bhartiben Patel

5+ Year Member

nc

#4 Bhartiben Patel, Nov 28, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  5. OP
    OP
    Maxprime

Maxprime Higgs chaser
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    removed.

6. faith100

faith100 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    From what I have heard it is very well respected. I had a meeting with my premed advisor (I'm a college senior needing to finishing my premed requirements after graduation) and told her my plan, which included attening Harvard Extension, and she was very supportive of the idea - she mentioned that quite a few students from my college (and other schools too of course!) have done the same thing and have gone on to medical school.

There is a huge thread...it's 'Official: Harvard 2005' http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=178921
    it has A LOT of info you should search for it, it's on the post-bacc conference, just scroll down :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...