Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Poor GPA Post-Bacc (Get me in somewhere!)

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by Maxprime, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Maxprime

Maxprime Higgs chaser
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    *Edited* I was an idiot in undergrad and have a beautiful 2.7GPA to show for it - double majors, while working all 4 years, and some personal reasons. I am looking to get into the post-bacc program that has the best chance of getting me into a MD program (in the states). I was told that my best shot may be a post-bacc that is linked with a med school, I just don't know of any I can get into. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

*Note - I changed the thread title to a more appropriate question - ignore previous responses if they're confusing.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. faith100

faith100 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You can always go to Harvard Extension - if you're in the Boston area. Or do your own 'post-bac' by taking undergrad classes at a college/university in your area. Just be sure to take them as an undergrad vs grad, since grad classes will not improve your undergrad gpa.

best

4. Maxprime

Maxprime Higgs chaser
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    *edited* I wouldn't mind relocating to the Boston area to do this - how well is it respected? I mean I know it's Harvard, but how is it thought of? Has anyone had any good/bad reviews of it? Thanks.

5. Bhartiben Patel

5+ Year Member

nc

#4 Bhartiben Patel, Nov 28, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  6. Maxprime

Maxprime Higgs chaser
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    removed.

7. faith100

faith100 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    From what I have heard it is very well respected. I had a meeting with my premed advisor (I'm a college senior needing to finishing my premed requirements after graduation) and told her my plan, which included attening Harvard Extension, and she was very supportive of the idea - she mentioned that quite a few students from my college (and other schools too of course!) have done the same thing and have gone on to medical school.

There is a huge thread...it's 'Official: Harvard 2005' http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=178921
    it has A LOT of info you should search for it, it's on the post-bacc conference, just scroll down :)