I'm gonna disagree with you on that one. To some people, sex doesn't have some magical inherent value, it's just like, a thing you do that feels good. If you can get paid to do that, well, why not I guess, if that's your thing. I mean, plenty of people have sex with relative strangers for free and they're not damaged. I would have to err on the side of "most of them probably have past issues or trauma" though, with the emotionally stable and healthy ones being the rarities that just have a personality that is the right fit. Soldiers kind of have the same thing- you've got your guys that come back traumatized, your guys that come back not fully traumatized but with regrets, your guys that "did what they had to do" but don't feel all that awful about it, and your last group of people who just loved the hell out of war because it fit well with their personality.