possible for AACOMAS cGPA to be miscalculated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

greenflash5

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my sGPA turned out to be the way I calculated it with my two grade replacements, but my cGPA is 0.08 lower and is what my cGPA calculates out to be if I count both the original grades and the grades from my repeats of the two science courses.
Why would AACOMAS count the 1st take of the course in the cGPA, I thought that ditching the old grade was what makes the grade replacement policy awesome. Am I missing something obvious here about grade replacement for cGPA? 😵
 
be more specific. For all intents and purposes, it just sounds like you miscalculated.

*it was late
 
Last edited:
also did you properly label them as repeats and if not, are you 100% certain they're direct hits?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yep I labeled them as repeats correctly because it definitely changed my science GPA. alas I will give AACOMAS a call to see whats up and let you know what I hear.
 
Yeah, so I called and confirmed that they are labeled correctly as retakes. I don't know why I have a 3.32 instead of a 3.4.
FYI: The only way for AACOMAS to recalculate it is if you give them a course correction. Otherwise they won't recalculate it. only reason I care this much is because it could make or break my app!
I have two science retakes btw
cGPA personally calculated: 3.4 AACOMAS cGPA: 3.32
sGPA personally calculated: 3.16 AACOMAS sGPA: 3.16
nsiGPA personally calculated: 3.71 AACOMAS nsiGPA: 3.52
 
yeah there's a pretty big discrepancy in a non-science course(s) somewhere.

i'm not guessing it will make or break your app unless there is a school that screens below a 3.4 which sounds silly.