Possible Match Outcomes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coolio

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I never was good at probabilities, maybe somebody out there is. My first choice in the match filled but my second did not. Strictly mathematically speaking, does anyone think this increases my odds of matching at my second choice? Either way, I'm in a good spot but I'm just playing through all the possible scenarios before Thursday. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

It would appear that if your second choice program did in fact rank then you then you will at least match there.I dont think you can guess at what the likelihood of matching at your first choice would be based on this information except to say that some of their ranked applicants probably did not match.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by nyskindr:
•It would appear that if your second choice program did in fact rank then you then you will at least match there.I dont think you can guess at what the likelihood of matching at your first choice would be based on this information except to say that some of their ranked applicants probably did not match.•••••I don't think you can say "at the least. . .." At the most, perhaps.

You must accept the possibility that the program didn't rank *you*. . ..