1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Possible Match Outcomes

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by Coolio, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Coolio

Coolio New Member

I never was good at probabilities, maybe somebody out there is. My first choice in the match filled but my second did not. Strictly mathematically speaking, does anyone think this increases my odds of matching at my second choice? Either way, I'm in a good spot but I'm just playing through all the possible scenarios before Thursday. :cool:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nyskindr

nyskindr Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

It would appear that if your second choice program did in fact rank then you then you will at least match there.I dont think you can guess at what the likelihood of matching at your first choice would be based on this information except to say that some of their ranked applicants probably did not match.

4. neutropeniaboy

neutropeniaboy Blasted ENT Attending
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by nyskindr:
    <strong>It would appear that if your second choice program did in fact rank then you then you will at least match there.I dont think you can guess at what the likelihood of matching at your first choice would be based on this information except to say that some of their ranked applicants probably did not match.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think you can say "at the least. . .." At the most, perhaps.

You must accept the possibility that the program didn't rank *you*. . ..