MD Possible Re-app School List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artisticdeviation998

Reaction score
Hello! I am preparing for a potential re-application. cGPA: 3.73, sGPA: 3.57 // strong upward trend in both sgpa and cgpa, senior year they were 3.94 and 3.96 respectively. I took a lot of upper-level science courses. MCAT: 509/ Residence: NYS.

I sent my primary to 24 schools, only completed applications to 14 schools with the majority of those in December/ January- did manage to receive two IIs one from IS and another reach school (fingers crossed it works out).

I was battling depression, anxiety, and loss of two loved ones and it ended up affecting my application cycle- badly to say the least. I know I can do better on my MCAT, I scored lower than my averages so I will most likely be retaking for the upcoming cycle. If I manage to get a 515, what school my school list look like? What about if I don't retake?

My EC breakdown is as follows:

Research: 1200 hours
Clinical: 2530 hours
Non- Clinical volunteering: 190 (on the lower end- trying to find ways to improve this to hopefully 300)
Leadership: 300 hours
Shadowing Hours: 200

Strong trend of working with underserved populations throughout undergraduate/ resonates with my personal story as well as a SES disadvantaged applicant

School List for Current Cycle

Rochester
NYMC
Downstate
Upstate
Buffalo
Tufts
Drexel
Penn State
Geisinger
MSU
NYU LI
Sidney Kimmel
Hackensack

@Goro @Faha

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you are not accepted this cycle reapply to your current list of schools (except NYU, Geisinger and MSU) and add these schools:
Albany
Stony Brook
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Temple
George Washington
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton