Possibly reapplying. Serious advices needed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rainy day tales.

Rainy Day Tales
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to many schools this year and got 2 waitlists, 2 rejections (ASDOH and Conn) and 15+ to hear back from. I had my application mailed out at 10/2 and it should be batch 15. Right now I know that it is a huge mistake to submit AADSAS so late, and I should have been more prepared for my interviews, especially as non-native speaker.

In the past semester, i didn't take many classes but an ecology course. During this winter, I planed to take English II to finish prerequisite requirement. I expected myself to do OK in these two courses and I don't think these will really affect my current GPA that much. (7 credits only)In the upcoming spring semester, I didn't plan to take any courses since I want to go home for 1-2 months to visit my family. I did more volunteer and shadowing at the same hospital and dental office in the past few months. But i don't think these ECs hours will help me that much next cycle since they are already enough this cycle. The deadline for registration of new course is in January, so I am wondering should I add more biology classes in case I need to reapply next summer?

Long story short, I heard that reapplicants need to show schools that they have had significant improvement on their application, so should I take more classes in the spring or summer to prepare for reapplication ? What else do I need to improve on if I have to reapply next June? Many thanks for any of your advices.

P.S: I also have two more interviews in January (Buffalo & Detroit). But after the previous interviews, I felt like I overestimated my interview skills and it might be better for me to start preparing for reapplication early.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's hard to tell if you dont share any of info like your GPA, DAT score, or ECs..

It's hard to tell if you dont share any of info like your GPA, DAT score, or ECs..
My application :
ECs are good. (Many hours)
LOR and PS are average (I guess)
Interviews skills are TERRIBLE. :dead:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey buddy. Your stats are great. What do you think you did wrong during your interview?

Reactions: 1 user
it's not the end of the cycle yet. I wouldn't give up hope just yet. you still have 4 more months to go! don't just give up now~~ work on your interview skills!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey buddy. Your stats are great. What do you think you did wrong during your interview?

it's not the end of the cycle yet. I wouldn't give up hope just yet. you still have 4 more months to go! don't just give up now~~ work on your interview skills!!

Thanks!!!
I talked to some friends and professor about interviews, and they said I spoke too softly and talked too much about weaknesses, which show lack of self confidence. And I m sure everyone I saw during the interview speak better english than me.

BTW Do you think I should get new LOR for next year and take more classes? I don't want to go through the whole process and explain to them why I didn't get in this year...

Last edited:
Thanks! I will try not to mess up too hard on the next one : )

1. Your stats are great 2. Being a non-native speaker has absolutely nothing to do with your application 3. The main reason you haven't heard yet is because you applied so freaking late (It's a rolling admission) 4. Try to keep a full load every term (Have you graduated yet?) 5. Most interviews have the same exact format and questions so I would type answers to all the common questions and memorize them ( This way you have all your thoughts organized and well presented. This method helped me significantly and that's why I got accepted to every single schools that I applied to. I'm also a non-native speaker). 6. It's time to shine so don't talk too much about your weaknesses. 7. If you think you can get better letters go for it.

Good luck and don't lose hope yet. At this point try to improve your interview skills and dont think about reapplying yet. Take advantage of what you have control over right now :) ...

Reactions: 1 users
1. Your stats are great 2. Being a non-native speaker has absolutely nothing to do with your application 3. The main reason you haven't heard yet is because you applied so freaking late (It's a rolling admission) 4. Try to keep a full load every term (Have you graduated yet?) 5. Most interviews have the same exact format and questions so I would type answers to all the common questions and memorize them ( This way you have all your thoughts organized and well presented. This method helped me significantly and that's why I got accepted to every single schools that I applied to. I'm also a non-native speaker). 6. It's time to shine so don't talk too much about your weaknesses. 7. If you think you can get better letters go for it.

Good luck and don't lose hope yet. At this point try to improve your interview skills and dont think about reapplying yet. Take advantage of what you have control over right now :) ...
Thanks. Congratulations with your acceptance!
Where do you plan on attending ?

Thanks. Congratulations with your acceptance!
Where do you plan on attending ?

Thank you very much :) I still haven't made up my mind yet but so far I'm leaning more towards my state school at OHSU

Don't give up now!! why would you go through all this again and spend thousands on the application and take more classes??? you've got two interviews coming and you know your weakness. Work on your interview skills this month rather than waiting another year and applying again. Contact the two schools that you got waitlisted at, show your interest. Remember, all you need is just one acceptance!! good luck!!