Post Acceptance Course-Loads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suizyme09

I haz a flavor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright for those of you who are still finishing college and are lucky enough to hold acceptances right now there is another semester/two more quarters left before summer and then Med School!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
What kind of classes are you guys taking to fill out the year?

I'm done with my major so I'm taking Econ, Classic literature, a Med Ethics course, and a couple Psychology courses. All told it should be a pretty easy couple of quarters! Anyone have an easier workload? A Harder one?

Members don't see this ad.

i am taking:
weapons of mass destruction (earth science dept)
from quarks to cosmos (physics)
intro to econ (supposed to be really easy! yay!lol)
mind, brain, and behavior (1000 level psych. whoo!)
and a few ballet classes..

13 credits - im looking forward to an easy semester :)

poetry
sex ed
health economics and disparity

11 academic units! this is going to be a chill semester :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh how fortunate you all are to be born earlier than me :(

:D

11?! We can take 11 units senior year? Does it affect our finaid?

At my university during our last semester we can take as many hours as we need to graduate and still be considered full-time. I'm taking 8 hours. :D:D:D

Hehe that's very true :D

I'm glad you all are accepted and can relax in your final year. You all will be awesome MD's!:love:

Molecular Immunology
Statistics
Biochemistry II

I just actually really enjoy science classes hahaha

Suizy, I am taking only one hard class but they are all 300+

Oh yeah haha. Except for Economics and Classic Lit. Mine are all 300+ and 500+ but they should be pretty easy too

Hehe that's very true :D

I'm glad you all are accepted and can relax in your final year. You all will be awesome MD's!:love:

How long do you have until you apply Abul?

Last edited:
11?! We can take 11 units senior year? Does it affect our finaid?

oh haha i'm also getting 4 units for research, so a total of 15. hope you have a great last semester jgberken, man i'm going to miss cal! especially the happy happy man!!

Members don't see this ad :)
13 credits after a semester of 12.......a couple of music performance classes, a BS business class, Pchem and a lit.....

Hooray for no longer needing to impress.

Molecular Immunology
Statistics
Biochemistry II

I just actually really enjoy science classes hahaha

but dont you just hate studying for all those tests?!?!! i am so tired of pulling all nighters. well i guess thats my fault i shouldnt procrastinate haha

but dont you just hate studying for all those tests?!?!! i am so tired of pulling all nighters. well i guess thats my fault i shouldnt procrastinate haha
all nighters? ick! haha ive actually never pulled an all nighter.. just cant do it

I'm with ar2388, I forget everything if I pull an all nighter, I still remember stuff from my freshman year classes thanks to my 8 hour a night sleep policy hahaha

I kinda like studying for the tests, everything else seems so dull, I like the challenge. I got nothing to prove to anybody haha, I just get bored when I have free time =/

I would of taken the same courses regardless of acceptance or not. I've only taken 18 non-BCMP credits (ie, 6 courses) thus far in my entire undergrad career, I have to take 9 humanities credits this spring in order to graduate.

Black Music&Am Cultrl Hist
Intro to Modern Lit since 1900
Survey-Chinese Lit in Trans

and

Senior Honors Thesis
Sr Honors Smr in Molec Biol

I'm with ar2388, I forget everything if I pull an all nighter, I still remember stuff from my freshman year classes thanks to my 8 hour a night sleep policy hahaha

I kinda like studying for the tests, everything else seems so dull, I like the challenge. I got nothing to prove to anybody haha, I just get bored when I have free time =/

wow that's awesome, you are going to do amazing in med school [and life] :thumbup: i need to stop being such a bum and improve my work ethic!

WHOA... easy on the flattery. Med school is full of people like that. You won't be lonely...but it will be nice for you to meet people of the same academic interest and drive. Makes conversation easier because people don't see you as such a nerd anymore... you are just interested.

This thread is great.

WHOA... easy on the flattery. Med school is full of people like that. You won't be lonely...but it will be nice for you to meet people of the same academic interest and drive. Makes conversation easier because people don't see you as such a nerd anymore... you are just interested.

This thread is great.

geeks...lol jp :p

my brain also tends to stop working very well after like 2-3am.

i have been thinking about all the studying we will have to do next year and im kind of excited.. this is our last formal schooling, what we have spent so much time and energy working towards, and I want to go all out.. i want to do everything i didnt do in undergrad because i didnt care enough - make detailed notes, not slack off on the studying, prepare for lectures....

whee!!! so excited! :soexcited:haha im such a nerd,

I am actually taking 19 units:eek:

Impressionist Art History:4 units
Art as Social and Political Commentary:4 units
Turkish II:5 units
Research Seminar:2 units
Last Quarter of Honors Thesis:4 units

These are all supposed to be relaxing classes though/ classes I want to take... with the exception of the 2 unit Research Seminar... the professor is evil and is known to have failed people before:scared:

Still about 4 years

Wow! Well don't get a laser focus from your time spent on these forums. Getting to med school is as much about the journey as the destination. Make sure you take fun classes!!

But it is oh so nice when you get that acceptance and realize you don't have to work so hard to impress anyone for the rest of your UG!:smuggrin:

Suizyme09... Where did you end up deciding to go? Just looked at your MD apps and curious why Cinci vs OSU? I looked at these schools a bit because of proximity...

Suizyme09... Where did you end up deciding to go? Just looked at your MD apps and curious why Cinci vs OSU? I looked at these schools a bit because of proximity...

To be honest I'm not 100% sure yet. I really liked both schools. UC impressed me the most as far as their facilities, curriculum, and how much they really seemed to want me to come to their school (if that makes sense). The OSU presentation for interviewees to me seemed pretty much just "here's our curriculum and finances, come here if you want to". In contrast UC put forth a much stronger "this is why we think you should choose us, we look forward to educating you!" feeling for me. I think it's a fit issue really. I just felt at home when I visited UC, and the facilities are certainly nicer. The only reason I might end up choosing OSU over UC is because of personal issues related to the location.

Back on topic! I want to see more of how people are loading up on courses after acceptances! I really am looking forward to two quarters devoid of Labwork, homework problems, and calculators. Hello BS term papers and Reading assignments!!:laugh: