post app contact

Started by thockenb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thockenb

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you contacting professors, potential advisors or admissions commitees after your apps are complete? I am not sure if it helps or not. For job interviews I always contact potential employers, but I am a little confused on what to do here. Email or phone call or nothing? What do I say or write?

My application is kind of non-competitive and I am applying to some of the more non-competitive programs, so don't worry about giving advice that will hurt your chances.

thx in advance.
 
thockenb said:
Are you contacting professors, potential advisors or admissions commitees after your apps are complete? I am not sure if it helps or not. For job interviews I always contact potential employers, but I am a little confused on what to do here. Email or phone call or nothing? What do I say or write?

My application is kind of non-competitive and I am applying to some of the more non-competitive programs, so don't worry about giving advice that will hurt your chances.

thx in advance.

Well--when I just wanted to make sure if my applications were received I sent the appropriate person an email. You might want to call the admissions office at the public health school you are applying to--or the specific dept. to which your application was sent (i.e. epi dept, health mgmt, etc). I would email and/or call and tell them who you are, when you applied, and let them know you are just following-up on your application...specifically wanting to check its status. I think it does help to be in contact with them.