thockenb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2004
Status
Are you contacting professors, potential advisors or admissions commitees after your apps are complete? I am not sure if it helps or not. For job interviews I always contact potential employers, but I am a little confused on what to do here. Email or phone call or nothing? What do I say or write?

My application is kind of non-competitive and I am applying to some of the more non-competitive programs, so don't worry about giving advice that will hurt your chances.

thx in advance.

AtlChic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Atlanta
Status
thockenb said:
Are you contacting professors, potential advisors or admissions commitees after your apps are complete? I am not sure if it helps or not. For job interviews I always contact potential employers, but I am a little confused on what to do here. Email or phone call or nothing? What do I say or write?

My application is kind of non-competitive and I am applying to some of the more non-competitive programs, so don't worry about giving advice that will hurt your chances.

thx in advance.

Well--when I just wanted to make sure if my applications were received I sent the appropriate person an email. You might want to call the admissions office at the public health school you are applying to--or the specific dept. to which your application was sent (i.e. epi dept, health mgmt, etc). I would email and/or call and tell them who you are, when you applied, and let them know you are just following-up on your application...specifically wanting to check its status. I think it does help to be in contact with them.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads