post app contact

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thockenb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you contacting professors, potential advisors or admissions commitees after your apps are complete? I am not sure if it helps or not. For job interviews I always contact potential employers, but I am a little confused on what to do here. Email or phone call or nothing? What do I say or write?

My application is kind of non-competitive and I am applying to some of the more non-competitive programs, so don't worry about giving advice that will hurt your chances.

thx in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

thockenb said:
Are you contacting professors, potential advisors or admissions commitees after your apps are complete? I am not sure if it helps or not. For job interviews I always contact potential employers, but I am a little confused on what to do here. Email or phone call or nothing? What do I say or write?

My application is kind of non-competitive and I am applying to some of the more non-competitive programs, so don't worry about giving advice that will hurt your chances.

thx in advance.

Well--when I just wanted to make sure if my applications were received I sent the appropriate person an email. You might want to call the admissions office at the public health school you are applying to--or the specific dept. to which your application was sent (i.e. epi dept, health mgmt, etc). I would email and/or call and tell them who you are, when you applied, and let them know you are just following-up on your application...specifically wanting to check its status. I think it does help to be in contact with them.