post-bac 90credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rsrsrsrsrs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I would like to get some opinions and feedback from those who have actually went through post-bacc.
I recently graduated with very low BOTH science and overall GPAs, around 3.00
I plan to enroll in post-bacc non-degree program for the next 3 semesters, each with full credit loads. (15credits=5 courses)
This means by the end of next summer, I will have 90 credits after graduation.
I am planning to apply next year.
I plan on taking upper level science courses and also some of the the courses I did not do so well (eg. organic chem)
assuming I do very well on DAT and the 45 credits,
are my chances of dental school fairly good?
I know that this will vary and nobody has the answer but I want to get some realistic feedback from those who have went through similar situations.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If your gpa right now is around 3.0, you don't need 90 more credits to fix it. 30 credits would bring it up and could be done in two sem.

Reactions: 1 user
30 credit hours a semester while still doing shadowing/volunteer work?! wow

Members don't see this ad :)
90 credits? I think you're biting off more than you can chew. Will you be able to realistically balance 90 credits of coursework in addition to studying for the DAT on top of shadowing/ECs/volunteering?

hey guys,
I meant 15credits each semester, thus 45 credits in 3 semesters
sorry about the confusion

or I'm thinking of doing 4 semesters thereby making the total post-bacc credits of 60credits!