Post-Bac chance with my stats? Please comment?

Started by Luelinks
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Luelinks

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll start with my GPAs and go from there.

Freshman: 3.12, 3.12
Sophomore: 3.04, 2.70* :scared:
Junior: 3.28, 3.80 👍
Senior: 3.775, ____

*the 2.70 was while taking: Anatomy/Phys (with lab), O-Chem II, and Concepts of Biochem among other classes 🙁

cGPA: 3.24
sGPA: 3.00-3.10 MD (3.05-3.20+ for DO)

ECs: Been on the student honor panel for over a year, some mediocre clubs and all freshman sophomore year. Junior year I landed a job - started working 7-10 hours/semester with that job on campus (also increased my GPA! Woop)

Senior year: Landed a second job working in a professor's lab doing things like DNA extraction, making media plates, cleaning, some cool experiments thrown in, working 10 hours a week. Also worked 10.5 hours/week @ my other job totaling 20.5 hours/week, while also volunteering at the hospital 4/hours a week. - made the 3.775 semester GPA during all of that.

Winter Break now: Shadowing two physicians.

Next semester: Will work about 18 hours, both jobs, while also getting 4-5 hours a week on undergraduate research on gene silencing with a PhD. Student/P.I.

Hopefully next semester I will earn >3.75 GPA. Taking the MCAT Jan 27th 😱

How do my chances look for VCOM, MCV, Wake Forest, South Carolina's, PCOM?
I have a C- in biochem, which I will retake next semester. Cs in O-chem, B/B+ in Phys. B/B- in Math, ug. Bs in Bio.