Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As of April this year, I decided that I want to pursue a career in medicine (there’s a very long and complicated back story to this). I graduated in 2018 from NYU Tisch School of the Arts. While in school I was involved in student government, was chosen by my department for an undergraduate humanities fellowship program and took part in several intensive internships. I graduated with a 3.3 GPA and don’t have the best BCPM GPA (I took Statistics, a few psych classes, and an anatomy a physiology class) - It's not that I didn't find these classes interesting, in fact I really did enjoy what I was learning in them, I was just very focused (blindsided, if you will) on pursuing a career in the arts and didn’t dedicate much time and energy to excelling in anything that fell outside of my major at the time. Since graduating I have been able to maintain a successful career as a freelance assistant producer/production assistant (while also bartending because NYC is EXPENSIVE).
That being said, I am looking to apply to post bacc programs in August of 2020 and gain clinical and non clinical experience in the meantime while also taking a Calculus course to increase my BCPM GPA. The programs I am interested in applying to are Bryn Mawr, Goucher, JHU, Temple, Thomas Jefferson, and NYU (I’m also open to other program suggestions).
Given that I have a year before submitting applications for these post baccs, I wanted to gauge 1.) What my chances are for getting accepted into these programs given my background? and 2.) What I should focus on over the next year/What will improve my chances and make my applications as strong as possible?
Any and all advice and feedback is welcome. Thank you!
That being said, I am looking to apply to post bacc programs in August of 2020 and gain clinical and non clinical experience in the meantime while also taking a Calculus course to increase my BCPM GPA. The programs I am interested in applying to are Bryn Mawr, Goucher, JHU, Temple, Thomas Jefferson, and NYU (I’m also open to other program suggestions).
Given that I have a year before submitting applications for these post baccs, I wanted to gauge 1.) What my chances are for getting accepted into these programs given my background? and 2.) What I should focus on over the next year/What will improve my chances and make my applications as strong as possible?
Any and all advice and feedback is welcome. Thank you!