Post-Bacc Advice/Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Living Communities

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice or if anyone be able to recommend a Post Bacc programs/SMP's -

Current Senior graduating in December
Major: Molecular Biology and Chemistry Minor
cGPA: 3.05
sGPA: 2.73
MCAT: 26 but planning to retake

Low GPA due to rushing into heavy science coursework early in college, but feel confident in my revised study strategies now and have multiple semesters of upward trend to show for it.

Heavy volunteer and leadership EC’s including president of 700+ member 501c3 nonprofit. No research experience but currently applying to research work for the Spring.

I’ve been looking into SMP’s such as Cincy and GTown, but after doing some research on threads here it looks as if I have a low chance of getting in. I would be more than grateful if anyone would be able to give me some recommendations on potential Post bacc's and SMP's, or share a similar application experience!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Try doing some reading of this forum. discussed at length and programs in specific. if you still have questions then just ask them.

You are right. an SMP is not for you.

A low MCAT and a low GPA? But this time you are going to "try"? Sounds like a suspect strategy - don't kid yourself. if there was a legit reason (and not that they were hard classes, guess what med school is, and not that you were busy cos we all worked like 2 jobs and had ECs while an undergad), and u think you can do better then fine.

Too many low GPA and low MCATers on this forum are delusional that they can suddenly turn on straight As and a 35 MCAT with no evidence to suggest this. And its not just one semester