post bacc ala carte at AU or GW?

Started by drseuss
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drseuss

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone taken a few post-bacc courses ala carte as a nontrad at GW or American Univ in DC? What has your experience been? I've heard a little on American, and realize they are relatively organized, but have heard nothing on people taking classes as a 'nondegree student' at GW.
 
bump?

drseuss said:
Anyone taken a few post-bacc courses ala carte as a nontrad at GW or American Univ in DC? What has your experience been? I've heard a little on American, and realize they are relatively organized, but have heard nothing on people taking classes as a 'nondegree student' at GW.
 
drseuss said:

Hey there-

I went to GW for undergrad. I can't tell you too much about taking classes a la carte... but I know that it is really expensive. Non-degree students have to pay over 1000 bucks per credit hour. I know next to nothing about the premed advising, as I took my sciences after graduation in an organized post-bacc. GW is great, and I loved it, but my guess is that American is probably less expensive and has more experience with non-trads doing premed, since they have a program.