I'm just wondering for those that are applying now what their total units were when they applied. If possible GPA would be cool too, but thats up to whoever is replying.
I applied to med school a couple of years ago and recieved no interviews. I went into BU's Master's program (postbac) last year with a 3.4 overall undergrad (100+ units). I busted my a$$ and ended up with a 3.8 in the program. I'm applying to schools again now and have 6 interviews so far (including BU). Postbacs work!!!!
P.S. A lot of my friends had lower GPAs (around 3.0) going into the program. They busted their bums at BU too and I think some ended up with 3.5/3.6. They're all applying now as well and several of them have 3+ interviews.
Wow your stats are similar to mine. Do you have any if any single component of your application made you stand out at the schools you interviewed at? Or did you think it was a mix of components?
Wow your stats are similar to mine. Do you have any if any single component of your application made you stand out at the schools you interviewed at? Or did you think it was a mix of components?
To be perfectly frank, I have to assume that my MCAT opened a lot of doors. Most every interviewer has told me that my MCAT shows them that I can do the science. Other than that, they seem to like it that I've had a productive career and some modicum of maturity and perspective. I also talk a lot about my family.
To be perfectly frank, I have to assume that my MCAT opened a lot of doors. Most every interviewer has told me that my MCAT shows them that I can do the science. Other than that, they seem to like it that I've had a productive career and some modicum of maturity and perspective. I also talk a lot about my family.
That sounds good. I'm hoping my 37 will open up some doors for me too. However, what i'm not looking forward to is retaking the MCAT again in August. It'll be 3 years soon=(. Anyway, so did you talk about your family in the personal statement or interview?
My family played a big role in terms of my plus' and minus' on this road to medical school. But in the end the outcome is somethign that i wouldn't trade for anything.