Post Bacc GPA?

Started by Sammy1024
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sammy1024

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I currently have basically a 3.0 cumulative and then like 2.85 sgpa for an MD school because of the repeats my freshman year.

I'm going to do a post-bacc, and am deciding between a formal post-bacc or an informal post-bacc.

I was leaning towards informal because I could take 2 science classes instead of 3 and it would be easier to do well?

I was also wondering how taking extra course will impact my gpa?

Ex: taking 6 or 8 courses over the course of a year will not really raise my gpa TOO much but then how to admissions see it? Is it like oh she took a 5th year and seemed to get pretty much all A's or a 3.5 avg? Or is it like oh she still has a low gpa, let's not go down this road with this applicant?