Post-Bacc in Houston??

Started by NelNYC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NelNYC

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anybody tell me where there are Post Bacc Programs in Houston, particularly in or around the Midtown/Downtown areas???
 
I'm just starting to research postbacs myself, but as far as I know here are your options near Houston, Texas for completing science prereqs, specifically, since that's the boat I'm in.

1. UH - no formal postbac program, take classes as a postbac
2. Lamar - formal premed postbac, a premed advisor from another school did not recommend
3. Univ North Texas - formal premed postbac, same premed advisor did not recommend
4. UT Austin Extension: no formal program, take classes at night, inexpensive, solid option
5. Rice Class III Continuing Studies: no formal program, probably most rigorous science classes, very expensive
6. Houston Baptist University: no idea
7. Texas A&M: no idea

I've been researching for 2 months - that's what I've found. Please let me know what you find.
 
I'm just starting to research postbacs myself, but as far as I know here are your options near Houston, Texas for completing science prereqs, specifically, since that's the boat I'm in.

1. UH - no formal postbac program, take classes as a postbac
2. Lamar - formal premed postbac, a premed advisor from another school did not recommend
3. Univ North Texas - formal premed postbac, same premed advisor did not recommend
4. UT Austin Extension: no formal program, take classes at night, inexpensive, solid option
5. Rice Class III Continuing Studies: no formal program, probably most rigorous science classes, very expensive
6. Houston Baptist University: no idea
7. Texas A&M: no idea

I've been researching for 2 months - that's what I've found. Please let me know what you find.


Just curious, do you remember what your premed advisor said about the UNT postbac? I applied to the SMP at UNT HSC (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about) and I'd really like to hear any info he/she might have said. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just starting to research postbacs myself, but as far as I know here are your options near Houston, Texas for completing science prereqs, specifically, since that's the boat I'm in.

1. UH - no formal postbac program, take classes as a postbac
2. Lamar - formal premed postbac, a premed advisor from another school did not recommend
3. Univ North Texas - formal premed postbac, same premed advisor did not recommend
4. UT Austin Extension: no formal program, take classes at night, inexpensive, solid option
5. Rice Class III Continuing Studies: no formal program, probably most rigorous science classes, very expensive
6. Houston Baptist University: no idea
7. Texas A&M: no idea

I've been researching for 2 months - that's what I've found. Please let me know what you find.

THANK YOU for the info. I wonder if I can take the same classes (in the postbac program) as I did for my BS?

B2S