Post bacc in Northern Ca?

Started by NRAI2001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NRAI2001 said:
Anyone know of any good ones?


Depends on what your academic background is, what you are looking for, financial status etc:

In Bay Area:

1) Mills (private)
2) SJSU
3) SFSU
4) Cal-State Hayward


Mills is the only structured, formal postbac program that I know of in Northern California. The rest are informal.
 
It really matters if you have completed the pre-req's yet. If you haven't then there are options (like Mills, etc.).

If you have completed the pre-req's then you need a special master's program and you don't really have any options (that I know of) in CA unless you are a minority. If you are a minority, most the UC's have great ones.

If you haven't already, this is where I started and I had to not only check the list for each school but actually go to each school's website because the FAQ's were not always correct.

http://services.aamc.org/postbac/