Post-Bacc, Masters, or.. ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

future2thdr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey SDN,

I was wondering what would be the best option for me. I will graduate in May 2014, and I am not sure what I should do after graduation. I applied this cycle, and have not received any acceptances yet. I'm also considering retaking the DAT.

oGPA: 3.44, sGPA: 3.26, DAT: 19AA/19TS

My GPA should go up after this semester. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

steiner2

Reaction score
forget the master's and do the post-bac. shorter time wasted.

DMDDSdreams

Reaction score
If your pre-requisite science grades are decent (A's and B's with maybe 1-2 C's), don't do a post-bac. Go with a 1-year master's (preferably a biomedical sciences masters) to prove you can handle upper division science courses.

I was a non-traditional applicant. Graduated from college and took pre-reqs for 2 years. My pre-req science grades were decent, but not amazing (3.1 gpa). I applied to dental school and received 2 interviews (february and march) and was wait-listed at both.

I enrolled in a 1-year master's program after not getting in and received 5 interviews this cycle (2 acceptances, 3 wait-lists).

If you decide to take the master's route, you have to do VERY WELL. Anything less than a 3.5 in a master's is going to do more harm than good.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users