future2thdr

7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hey SDN,

I was wondering what would be the best option for me. I will graduate in May 2014, and I am not sure what I should do after graduation. I applied this cycle, and have not received any acceptances yet. I'm also considering retaking the DAT.

oGPA: 3.44, sGPA: 3.26, DAT: 19AA/19TS

My GPA should go up after this semester. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DMDDSdreams

Oct 22, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
If your pre-requisite science grades are decent (A's and B's with maybe 1-2 C's), don't do a post-bac. Go with a 1-year master's (preferably a biomedical sciences masters) to prove you can handle upper division science courses.

I was a non-traditional applicant. Graduated from college and took pre-reqs for 2 years. My pre-req science grades were decent, but not amazing (3.1 gpa). I applied to dental school and received 2 interviews (february and march) and was wait-listed at both.

I enrolled in a 1-year master's program after not getting in and received 5 interviews this cycle (2 acceptances, 3 wait-lists).

If you decide to take the master's route, you have to do VERY WELL. Anything less than a 3.5 in a master's is going to do more harm than good.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.