Post Bacc Options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pupsingh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so here is my situation

i go to uc davis, am going to graduate in june, i have an application cycle out already for the 2009 class, i kind of just applied to see, im not gonna be depressed if i dont get in because im not expecting it anyway because it doesnt matter if i have to wait a year or two after graduating to start school, as long as i eventually do

my profile so far:

overall gpa: 3.13
sci gpa: 2.86

dat:

aa: 19
TS: 18
Bio: 18
gc: 18
ochem: 19
Pat: 17
RC: 22
quant: 17

fraternity, summer abroad program, two dental internships, 24 hours a week part time job

app results so far:

rejected: ucsf, midwestern, marquette, temple

still under review: BU, NYU, UOP, USC, Western, ASDOH, NJSDM, WVU, VCU, TUfts, Creighton

so i know its not completely over for my chances of getting 1 interview, but im assuming its over for this year

so my question is:

i am looking to apply to post bacc programs during winter break, ( im still gonna apply again next year even if i am gonna start a post bacc next fall that way if i get in then i can start right after the post bacc and not have another year of applying, although my post bacc results wont be on the app)

the only 1 year post bacc programs that i found that do not require a disadvantaged background or a non sciences background are :

Barry University and NOVA

are there any other ones? especially in california? if not its ok but i was just wondering if any of u guys knew of any other ones

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Tulane and New Jersey.

I am also interested in this... 1 year post bac... not so high tuition....

Not a ridiculously hard cirriculum...

Members don't see this ad :)
the only 1 year post bacc programs that i found that do not require a disadvantaged background or a non sciences background are :

Barry University and NOVA

are there any other ones? especially in california? if not its ok but i was just wondering if any of u guys knew of any other ones

thanks
The post-bac program at SFSU has a nondisadvantaged component of their program.

http://online.sfsu.edu/~brothman/DentPBP-Adjunct.htm

I am currently participating in the adjunct program as a nondisadvantaged "invited guest." I suggest that you apply (I think that the application becomes available in January). It has well been worth it, especially the Kaplan prep course. Their Kaplan course is more WAY more comprehensive than the normal course and it definitely helped me knocked the socks off the DAT.

If you are just looking to take prereqs, schools in the bay area with pre-health programs to look at are UC Berkeley extension, Mills College in Oakland, CSU East Bay in Hayward, or your local community college (I took a lot of my prereqs at DVC in Pleasant Hill).

Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!