Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Post-Bacc or not?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by MeghanMD, 05.15.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. MeghanMD

MeghanMD 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    When I got to college I started with a major in molecular biology. I did fine but not good enough for med school plus the whole learning to study thing didn't click until my junior year. I now have a major in marketing and minors in psychology and biology. I have a 3.42 cGPA and have only taken 3 bio classes-- I dropped chem freshman year but am planning to take medical terminology, human physiology, and biostatistics soon. I go to a great university and will graduate in November (quarter system).

I have decided that what I really want more than anything is to be a doctor. My grades are almost all As now but I'm not sure if I should stay in school and take those pre-reqs or graduate in November and apply for a post-bacc pre med program. Thoughts??

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. OneTwoThreeFour

OneTwoThreeFour 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Why would you do a post bacc instead of staying at your university?

4. Microglia

Microglia 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    MD/PhD Student
    I would stay in school and try to graduate with a dual major or a minor. You're familiar with the school and area, and have figured out how to succeed there. That could be beneficial in succeeding in the prereqs as well.

WhippleWhileWeWork likes this.

About the ads