Post Bacc Pharmacy / Non-traditional Fall 2013 Start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CedarvillePharm

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not sure how many of you out there are looking for a pharmacy program after completing a bachelor's degree or are considering pharmacy later in your academic career as a "non-traditional" student, but I wanted to let you know I did just that and am a P1 at Cedarville University in Ohio.

Cedarville has a great program, and I know they're really willing to work with transfer students and any missing prerequisite "pre-pharmacy" courses can likely be made up online or in the summer just before you start, making beginning pharmacy school this fall (2013) still a possibility for you. This was good news for me when I started to consider a career in pharmacy, as I had heard that some schools have pharmacy programs that begin as freshmen, and I didn't want to start all over since I already had a degree.

Cedarville is a really unique, awesome school, and I am so glad I applied here and got accepted. It has outstanding faculty that seem to really care about the students, a brand new health sciences center with really cool practice lab facilities and technology, and you get to take what you're learning in the classroom and apply it to real-world pharmacy experiences in you very first semester in the professional program.

Cedarville is a new school so I'm just passing along the word that you should definitely check them out if you're a post-bac and haven't decided where to go as of yet. Even if you're a "pre-med" that is sort of on the fence about med school with concerns of whether medicine is really for you, maybe you should consider getting a PharmD! I know I considered pharmacy much later in my academic career than a lot of the "traditional" students in my class, but I'm really glad I did, because its really fulfilling and actually is a lot of fun. Feel free to PM me with questions about Cedarville or pharmacy for non-traditional transfer students as well, and I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can!