Post Bacc Pharmacy / Non-traditional Fall 2013 Start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CedarvillePharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how many of you out there are looking for a pharmacy program after completing a bachelor's degree or are considering pharmacy later in your academic career as a "non-traditional" student, but I wanted to let you know I did just that and am a P1 at Cedarville University in Ohio.

Cedarville has a great program, and I know they're really willing to work with transfer students and any missing prerequisite "pre-pharmacy" courses can likely be made up online or in the summer just before you start, making beginning pharmacy school this fall (2013) still a possibility for you. This was good news for me when I started to consider a career in pharmacy, as I had heard that some schools have pharmacy programs that begin as freshmen, and I didn't want to start all over since I already had a degree.

Cedarville is a really unique, awesome school, and I am so glad I applied here and got accepted. It has outstanding faculty that seem to really care about the students, a brand new health sciences center with really cool practice lab facilities and technology, and you get to take what you're learning in the classroom and apply it to real-world pharmacy experiences in you very first semester in the professional program.

Cedarville is a new school so I'm just passing along the word that you should definitely check them out if you're a post-bac and haven't decided where to go as of yet. Even if you're a "pre-med" that is sort of on the fence about med school with concerns of whether medicine is really for you, maybe you should consider getting a PharmD! I know I considered pharmacy much later in my academic career than a lot of the "traditional" students in my class, but I'm really glad I did, because its really fulfilling and actually is a lot of fun. Feel free to PM me with questions about Cedarville or pharmacy for non-traditional transfer students as well, and I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can!

Members don't see this ad.