Post-bacc programs and linkages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which post-bacc programs have linkages and to which schools? Is it hard to get these linkages and skip the lag year (that is, do you have to be one of the top students)? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

PsychStudent,

If you Google post-baccalaureate linkage you'll get a bunch of hits. Many of them allow you to avoid the lag/glide year.

Also, check the two links to postbac programs on the Post-bac FAQ. For the AAMC website, search career-changers and undergraduate--you'll get a huge list. There's more info for each of the schools on the website.

I'm pretty sure GWU, Brown, Dartmouth, Rochester, Cornell, UMDNJ-RWJ, Drexel, and Temple are a few of the med schools that you can get into directly after finishing a postbac program. At any rate, you career-changers have it better than those of us who've already completed the prereqs :p

I'm a little confused though...aren't you a psych PhD student? I'm just curious why you're going for the PhD first

P.S. thanks for the GRE advice

Hi there! Yep, I'm a first-year PhD student. To answer your question, I was never pre-med in college, and I didn't even think about going into medicine until I got to grad school. Now I'm debating whether I should go for an MD when I'm done with my PhD or leave earlier than that.

PsychStudent said:
Which post-bacc programs have linkages and to which schools? Is it hard to get these linkages and skip the lag year (that is, do you have to be one of the top students)? Thanks!

Check out Bryn Mawr and Goucher. I recently discovered them for myself. They sound great to me. I'm actually in the process of applying to them; wish me luck.
Peace. :)