post-bacc programs for those who have completed pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdie

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of threads on post-bacc programs for those who haven't completed the required pre-reqs. What programs are out there for people who have already taken the required courses, but are looking to improve their credentials?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been looking too, and all I've found was programs for "career changers," or people who have not completed pre-med requirements.

I already have racked up over 90 BCMP credit hours, so I don't think I qualify for Bryn Mawr, G-town, or Columbia, OSU, etc. And I don't really want to relocate for Harvard's Extension School.

I did find info on a 1 year MS program at Northwestern in Neurobiology/Physiology. Plus, since it's a terminal degree, I can get federal aid for the program, as opposed to the out-of-pocket cost of post-bacc programs. They said 30% of their graduates pursue medical school, and 25% continue research.

Has anyone had any experience with this program?

Any info would be great...I just recieved my first "pseudo" rejection...aka "hold for interview" and I'm getting worried. I feel that I should have a back-up plan. :(

Yeah, I also had questions about this Northwestern program... I'm interested in hearing others' view on it. I read that prior research experience is needed though.

Is anyone in California?

Because I'm an undergrad at UCI I know that the UCI School of Medicine has 2 post-bacc programs. The director of the program is very involved in some of the pre-med clubs that I am in so this info is from her.

The first one is the RE-APPLICANT PROGRAM for the people that applied once and didn't get in. The second program (I forgot what it is called exactly) THE APPLICANT ENRICHMENT (ENFORCEMENT?) PROGRAM for the people who did their pre-reqs but need higher stats. Both programs are completely free, but you need to be disadvantaged to apply (working a lot does count as long as you can prove it wasn't only to pay for your 2001 BMW M3). PM me if you want more info.