Post-bacc v community college following a career change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasualScrubs100

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I decided I wanted to go into medicine after graduating last year and shadowing some doctors. I earned a bachelors in a liberal arts field w/ a 3.7 GPA. I have no prereqs on my transcript except for Calc II and III.

How do I start working toward MD admission?

My understanding is there are post-bacc programs and community college classes. There are no post bacc programs close to where I live. Can I take CC classes for all my pre-reqs, or would medical schools frown on that?
 
CC classes are fine with your GPA. Do well, good MCAT, volunteering, clinical exposure, shadowing. Then you can go to just about any med school.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.