Post Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aea08257a

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What post bacc programs are the best to apply to. I’m going into my junior year and only have a 3.2 with a strong upward trend. What post bacc programs have the highest rate of getting into medical school the next year. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What post bacc programs are the best to apply to. I’m going into my junior year and only have a 3.2 with a strong upward trend. What post bacc programs have the highest rate of getting into medical school the next year. Thanks!
Hi,
Sorry if this is lengthy. To give some background, I am currently doing a post bacc, with an optional MCAT retake. If gpa and MCAT minimum are satisfied, there is a guaranteed interview at a local Osteopathic medical school in the area. Depending on your science gpa and MCAT result, I honesty might look into applying to a few medical schools out the gate and see what happens. If your MCAT is competitive and your science gpa is within reason you may have a good chance of acceptance trusting you also have ample research, volunteering, and clinical experience. Post bacc programs aren’t really about “acceptance rates”, they’re more geared toward personal growth. Some programs do have “linkages” that guarantee interviews, and in fact most programs that are hosted within medical schools do (and even some graduate colleges), but you should pursue a program that specifically fits your academic needs if you feel the need to improve, that should be the priority. AAMC has a large list of programs and their requirements on their website, I called several of those programs’ admission offices to see what they entailed and potentially guaranteed (potentially because requirements need to be met) in terms of interviews (guaranteed acceptances are....extremely rare). See where you lie in terms of your gpa and MCAT score, and find a program that fits your profile as well as what you think will better prepare you for medical school as a developing student. Regardless where you pursue a program, med schools will look at your post bacc as an intermediate step and appreciate that you put in extra time to better yourself, trusting you take the program seriously.
- buckeye

Postbaccalaureate Programs Try the message board dedicated to post bacc programs. The best post bacc program does not exist. Post baccs are designed for people that haven't taken pre-med requirements yet. If you have already taken them and are trying to repair your GPA, there are other ways to do that.

Reactions: 1 user
Postbaccalaureate Programs Try the message board dedicated to post bacc programs. The best post bacc program does not exist. Post baccs are designed for people that haven't taken pre-med requirements yet. If you have already taken them and are trying to repair your GPA, there are other ways to do that.
Exactly! some post bacc programs are "record enhancement", sometimes the two terms are synonymous and sometimes they're not. But for me, im in more of a special masters. But for original post, they should look at the AAMC page and call some folks up. Thats how I found mine.