whoam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
Status
Hi,
Are all post-bac programs intended to raise your GPA, or is there a program that can offer a future career? And I looked at a few of the post-bac programs mainly the ones in Boston, but they all seem to have a high GPA average requirement, could someone tell me some of the other lower GPA average ones.
Also does anyone know of any programs offered in Canada.
Thanks.

Smittyballz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
whoam said:
Hi,
Are all post-bac programs intended to raise your GPA, or is there a program that can offer a future career? And I looked at a few of the post-bac programs mainly the ones in Boston, but they all seem to have a high GPA average requirement, could someone tell me some of the other lower GPA average ones.
Also does anyone know of any programs offered in Canada.
Thanks.
There are 2 different kinds of post bacc programs one that will help you raise your gpa and the other that will help with those who have not completed their pre-reques. There are many programs although maybe not that prestigious that will furfill your needs as far a lower gpa. Umass boston is one for example... Also the post bac programs can be used for many different careers not just a doctor, such as a physicians assistant nurse..etc. hope this helps :)

corsair

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2005
PDX
Status
Pre-Medical
I am looking at going back for Post Bacc as I was an English major with only a physics of music science class. I have some work to do.

My question is, in your opinion, is it better to go just for the pre reqs or to do a post bacc pre-med degree/program? Is it realistic to do either of these in 12 or 18 months?