Post Comlex PE Anxiety, Help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayhawk2311

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any words of encouragement for me? I didn't finish my SOAP notes on 50-70% of my cases due to time, leaving out some social history or some of the Objective or some PMH

Members don't see this ad.

Hey jayhawk2311

As long you have something written in every section. I am sure you did fine, it's a beast of an exam. Keep your chin up. DM me if you need anything

Hey jayhawk2311

As long you have something written in every section. I am sure you did fine, it's a beast of an exam. Keep your chin up. DM me if you need anything

Thank you for your response. I did have something written in every section. however in several cases i wouldn't document as much as all of the Social hx

When I took it 2+ years ago, I didn’t ask about alcohol or smoking history and didn’t do any cessation for any of it. Also I had a few awkward interactions with the SPs. Was literally worried I didn’t pass, and I did. I’m sure you did better than you think! All comlex exams literally make you feel like trash after

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally messed up my diagnosis for at least 2 cases and am pretty sure my OMM techniques were made up haha. I forgot to ask about all the social stuff for 2 patients and my first encounter ran out of time with the patient. Pretty sure I also didn't prescribe any medications except NSAIDs oops.

I walked out of the exam 99% sure I was going to fail it. I somehow managed to pass! The first week of the wait is the worst, then you kind of bury it in your mind as you go along rotations, and then the week before the scores come out all the doubts and fears resurface again.

Just know that you can't change the outcome now but chances are you will pass. Good luck, friend!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you think third year made it harder due to creating “bad habits”?

Hmm, not sure what "bad habits" would be, but I took it after 3 weeks of my Internal Medicine rotation and felt that taking lots of H&P's and doing physical exams was certainly helpful, but not particularly relevant to the test (the test itself is very specific in its formatting and what you are supposed to do and type). I studied the COMBANK videos and did 15-20 practice cases from Step 2 CS book. I felt very poorly exiting the exam and for sure thought I had failed. But it turned out ok, happy to answer any questions via PM if you'd like :) Don't want to hijack this thread haha.

...but not particularly relevant to the test (the test itself is very specific in its formatting and what you are supposed to do and type).

I think this is what they meant by bad habits. School grooms us for the format of the exam for 2 years. Deviation from that can cause “bad habits” for the exam.

Reactions: 1 user