post exam de-stress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctoresse

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I was wondering how do you guys de-stress after an exam? I just had an exam and I usually don't feel as tired as I was prior to the exam. Probably all the caffeine still in my system. So... I usually de-stress by cleaning my house up and down. And I mean with the duster, bleach and all that. After every exam. I thought I was weird but some of my classmates also do that. I need to get rid of all that clutter to be able to prepare for the next exam.:laugh:
Other than that I like having time to spend with my hubby and going out on a date since I'm not as available before an exam.:love: Of course alcohol-filled evening with my classmates is also a very enjoyable way to celebrate any exam aftermath. Other classmates start studying right after the exam:confused:
So, please share the fun, boring, nerdy or weird ways you de-stress after an exam!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Im not usually a big energetic guy after an exam (maybe that following weekend yes) so I usually kick back with a few beers, watch a movie. Now if I was with my girlfriend (currently long distance), probably go out to the city, walk around, hit up the museum, or something of that nature :)

I used smoke bong rips with a few classmates, while sipping beer and discussing all the hard questions. After that I'd go home and take a couple of Soma's and watch a movie while smoking a joint. I'd finish the day with a valium, and a joint, sleep 12-14 hours, and wake up "refreshed".

But . . . I had a problem (sober 3 years now) . . . I think cleaning your house is a great way to decompress.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tend to take a nice nap after every final. No more than 30 minutes. I wake up completely out of it, but in about 10 minutes I'm wide awake.

Usually, I'm so tired and out of it that I come home and go to sleep. How do people take these exams (particularly after a week of exams) and then go out drinking for hours at a time?

Besides, I don't really see what all the fuss is about. Alcohol just makes me sleepy, then I sleep poorly anyway and then when I wake up my head hurts. Plus it's expensive. I guess that's just me though, some people seem to have a good time.

I like to have people come over to my house. Especialy those who like to clean after exams. and the oral sex ones too.

If i'm not sleeping it off, i'm usually just catching up on TV shows I taped (yes taped, not TiVo'd) over the week.

a lot of times I find that I wasn't really that stressed in the first place from an exam, so i just continue on to study for the next day's material.

Depending on the weather/mood:
-drink until my face is numb and do stupid things inside (cold weather)
-Have a bbq and drink until my face goes numb and do stupid things outside (warm weather)
-Go to NYC and pay way too much for beer and food
-drive 3hrs home to see family (YAY Boston!), drink beer with dad, Sam Summer is the beer of this month
-drive 5hrs to see girlfriend, go skiing or hiking (NYC/Westchester area lacks the quality outdoor activities of VT), drink quality microbrews like Long Trail.
-This week: Go to mandatory psych hospital visit, then see above options

I usually go shopping and clean my house. Not to destress, but out of necessity. (Generally my house is chaotic by the time I take a test)