Post Grad Options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngnflyy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on taking the mcat in the coming spring, and then getting into the application cycle for 08. I'm also considering options in the event that I don't do so well on the mcat. What I'd like to know is how the process for taking the GRE, and applying to graduate programs works. When would I need to take the GRE, and when would I begin applying to graduate programs if I wanted to start as soon as I finish undergrad. I'm a junior right now and will be a senior next fall. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I know it's not what you're looking for, but if you're really interested in medicine and want a good back up plan, there's several tech positions you can gain in the year you have 'off.' I just came from a health panel and talked to a couple doctors and techs, and some of them sound really interesting. You can become a Phlebotomy Technician with a training of something like 6 weeks. A Medical Tech can be trained in a year, going to school every weekday. Nice option to consider, at least.