Post Graduation BOLC, etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apicalforamen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did we ever find a definitive answer in terms of BOLC length (based on date you were commissioned as if you had to do the newer, longer course)? Also, is BOLC the only thing you do prior to being placed at your first duty station? Sorry it seems these are rather basic questions, just never had it explained to me in any detail before...recruiter went rogue after commissioning...

Members don't see this ad.

Here are the new rules:

If you signed an oath of office BEFORE 1 October 2016 you will only have to attend BOLC - usually enroute to your first duty station.

If you signed an oath of office AFTER 1 October 2016 - you need to attend the four week DCC prior to attending BOLC. It is highly recommended that you attend DCC while in HPSP. It is offered twice in the summer in June and July - you should have all received Bulletin Board notification on MODS explaining this.

You cannot attend both DCC and the abbreviated six week BOLC in one summer, the classes overlap.

If you do not attend DCC before you enter or while you are in HPSP, you will have to attend the July DCC, then go from Fort Sill, to Fort Sam Houston and attend the 11 week BOLC (August to October) and report to your duty station from there.

Reactions: 1 user
Here are the new rules:

If you signed an oath of office BEFORE 1 October 2016 you will only have to attend BOLC - usually enroute to your first duty station.

If you signed an oath of office AFTER 1 October 2016 - you need to attend the four week DCC prior to attending BOLC. It is highly recommended that you attend DCC while in HPSP. It is offered twice in the summer in June and July - you should have all received Bulletin Board notification on MODS explaining this.

You cannot attend both DCC and the abbreviated six week BOLC in one summer, the classes overlap.

If you do not attend DCC before you enter or while you are in HPSP, you will have to attend the July DCC, then go from Fort Sill, to Fort Sam Houston and attend the 11 week BOLC (August to October) and report to your duty station from there.

Thanks for the response! So since I signed my oath of office in March of 2016 (before October 2016) I’ll only need to attend the 6 week BOLC (and not DCC?)...am I understanding that correctly?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you signed an oath of office BEFORE 1 October 2016 you will only have to attend BOLC

I just can't think of any other way to say it

If you can't finish DCC and/or BOLC before graduation, does that mean you wouldn't be able to do the 1 year AEGD? Not sure when the AEGD begins or have the option to postpone DCC/BOLC after AEGD.