Post-Graduation Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HaiDukken

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I just recently graduated from the University of Florida, and could really use some advice right now guys.

I applied for dental school this past cycle, and got an interview at UF Dental, but got rejected. I really want to go here, so this led me to see the advisor at UF Dental, and she told me to strengthen my application, She recommended I do a 2 years Master's program because my academics were weak, and the research experience would help. Now, what I am asking is, in the chance I don't get into a Masters program, what should I do? Do I try to find a research job? Should I take the year off? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Well you should definitely not take a year off bcuz that would do no help to boost your application... Find a local Masters program and apply even though it's pretty late to apply. However, some schools actually offer a "non-degree seeking" position where after you destroy the 1st semester you will be officially be enrolled the following semester. Seems like your stats are good enough to get in seeing as you landed a dental school interview tho so don't worry about not getting into a Masters.

But if all else fails, then absolutely look for a job. Any job.