Post-interview Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tndoorijones

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find acceptance rates post interview because the number of matriculants probably doesn't equal the amount accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you pay for the premium online edition of us news & world report you can get those figures for most schools.

anyone who has it wanna fill us poor folks in? ;)

i have a book from 2006 with that data. post a school.

i'm only interested in like 4 schools (which is why i dont want to pay for premium to just look up 4 numbers):

GW
AECOM
U Chicago
Creighton

Thanks bhollowp!

i'm only interested in like 4 schools (which is why i dont want to pay for premium to just look up 4 numbers):

GW
AECOM
U Chicago
Creighton

Thanks bhollowp!

GW (all)
7778 apps, 1083 int, 358 acc, 177 enroll

Chicago
3830 app, 599 int, 277 acc, 104 enr

Creighton
4962 app, 578 int, 310 acc, 125 enr

EDIT: couldn't find AECOM ?

GW (all)
7778 apps, 1083 int, 358 acc, 177 enroll

Chicago
3830 app, 599 int, 277 acc, 104 enr

Creighton
4962 app, 578 int, 310 acc, 125 enr

EDIT: couldn't find AECOM ?

AECOM = Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University (might be under Yeshiva?)

jackpot. it was under Yeshiva

6307 apps, 1368 int, 552 acc, 180 enr

Members don't see this ad :)
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Tufts
USC
If you are willing, the 5 UC schools.

Thanks so much

no problemo, i'm procrastinating.

All of the schools excluding UNC in my profile?

Vandy
4368 app, 993 int, 291 acc, 105 enr

NW
6897 / 713 / 399 / 171

Tufts
6794 / 893 / 473 / 168

USC
5461 / 625 / 384 / 171

UCD
4109 / 392 / 202 / 91

UCI
3798 / 455 / 277 / 103

UCLA
5465 / 698 / 245 / 122

UCSD
5018 / 629 / 301 / 122

UCSF
5298 / 538 / 257 / 141

UK
1002 / 322 / 191 / 103

Louisville didn't respond to their survery, sorry

got a phone call to attend to... time for the other folks with data to step up to the plate.

Hey... do you mind doing UVM in-state and out-of-state?

This may sound stupid, but I've always wondered at the accepted vs. enrolled thing. Do schools purposefully accept practically three times as many students as they have spots for on the grounds that they assume a good portion will go elsewhere? It would really suck to get accepted somewhere only to be told to get lost months down the road.

This may sound stupid, but I've always wondered at the accepted vs. enrolled thing. Do schools purposefully accept practically three times as many students as they have spots for on the grounds that they assume a good portion will go elsewhere? It would really suck to get accepted somewhere only to be told to get lost months down the road.

If they misjudge (which does happen sometimes), I've heard of schools giving an incentive (like a discount off of your first year's tuition) to tempt some students to defer for a year. I think I recall reading on SDN somewhere that MCW did that within the past few years, offering $10,000 of first year tuition.

You get accepted and send in the deposit, you're locked in.

I think he meant that they might turn him away because not enough students declined their acceptance, and now there wasn't enough room for everyone.
I understand but if you send in your deposit, they can't turn you away. If they did, I think an easy lawsuit would ensue, hence why they use incentives to thin an overenrolled class.

I understand but if you send in your deposit, they can't turn you away. If they did, I think an easy lawsuit would ensue, hence why they use incentives to thin an overenrolled class.

Yup. And on the flip side, I've heard of a school (I think it was MCW the year before or after they ended up over-enrolling) that actually extended acceptances to some interviewees that they'd already rejected because they under-estimated. Guess it can be a tricky business. I suppose that's why some schools have such a large waitlist. Nice buffer for them, but agonizing for us.

I have heard people on other schools where administration have asked newly accpeted students to defer, because of the high number of accepted applicants that decided to actually stay with the schools. I believe, in this application cycle, that most schools will most likely be more reserved in the number of accpetances that they will give out. A lot of schools over enrolled this year, and most schools already have a higher number of applicants this time of the application cycle compared to previous years.

Good luck with the applications, and stay positive!