Post Interview Emails From Mayo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thesaug

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

This question is for those who have already interviewed at Mayo. I just got the second email stating that Mayo is still interested in my future at mayo and will continue to review files to make appointments. Does this mean that I have been placed on hold? I already got the first email stating that my file was ranked.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I recieved those emails this week as well, actually I got them both on the same day. The deal with Mayo is they only offer 1-4 acceptances at a time because the class size is so small. So I think that essentially we are all on hold for at least some period of time, but at least you know they didn't reject us post-interview. I'm going to remain hopeful, because I'm pretty sure there is still plenty of time before the class is full. Good luck! Mayo is my first choice, so I hope I hear good news soon... How did you feel about Mayo?

thesaug,

you are correct on the hold status. I received the same e-mail after interviewing and being ranked, and called the office just to confirm that it was the hold e-mail, and they said it was. Appointments are supposedly every 4-6 weeks and they will have the class filled by March 15, so lets hope they have all our phone numbers written down. Congrats on interiewing.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I also was very impressed by Mayo and hope to receive and offer in the future. The school was amazing...it seems that everyone was very happy there, which is great!!! Good luck to both of you!

thesaug