Post-Interview Etiquette

Started by lzane1243
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lzane1243

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, last week I had an interview at my first choice school. I very much tried to convey during my interviews that this school was the right place for me and I was very excited about this school. Do you think it is going overboard to send the admissions staff an email saying that this school is my first choice, willing to withdraw all other applications, etc? I'm not just gunning for an acceptance- I am sure I found the right place and if accepted, I will definitely attend. Any thoughts on this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to know if this would be in poor taste. I read the entirety of that thread before I posted, but the OP already did this and that thread had taken a very different turn.
 
I thought it was commonplace for applicants to send a letter of intent/interest post interview. Or is that only on sdn?
 
Just write a thank you letter stating it is your first choice. If you are still waiting, write a letter every 2-3 months stating about new achievements like straight A's or a new volunteer experience.