Post Interview Feedback From Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mosche said:
Absolutely! Although I have to admit that she's a "bit too female for me"! :laugh: So it won't last long!

Ofcourse it won't last. Only as long as he needs her as an 'option' - you see, he's a love em, take what he needs and leave em kinda guy :laugh:

Caniving dirty heartbreaker :scared: :eek: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Poety said:
Ofcourse it won't last. Only as long as he needs her as an 'option' - you see, he's a love em, take what he needs and leave em kinda guy :laugh:

Caniving dirty heartbreaker :scared: :eek: :laugh:

OUCH!

Members don't see this ad :)
mosche said:
Got a handwritten card (front and back) from Dr. Thrall at Duke! Her personal touches are an absolute asset to the Duke program!

I got a phone call with the "you would fit in very well here" Is that as good?

Please check the other post interview thread for a question I have.

Please check other post interview feedback thread

i got a voice mail this weekend. not sure how to respond to it since it's one of those programs that i'm in the middle about. ugh. :confused: why can't my top two give me any love in return? :)

anywho, are there others who've been getting these messages lately? and will this be the trend until the feb 22nd deadline? if so, this month is shaping up to be supremely annoying.

MDgonnabe said:
i got a voice mail this weekend. not sure how to respond to it since it's one of those programs that i'm in the middle about. ugh. :confused: why can't my top two give me any love in return? :)

anywho, are there others who've been getting these messages lately? and will this be the trend until the feb 22nd deadline? if so, this month is shaping up to be supremely annoying.

ditto, I just don't answer the phone :scared:

I received a phone call from Duke after the interview and a hand-written letter that was super nice. How do I know what it all means?

crazyshrink said:
I received a phone call from Duke after the interview and a hand-written letter that was super nice. How do I know what it all means?

It means all the residents hold cult meetings with the program director leading the chant "crazyshrink #1 for ROL....crazyshrink for #1 ROL...hmmmmm"

Phone call from director and resident at my number one program. Phone call from chief resident and email from director at number two. Phone call from directors at number four and five programs. They must have all just finished their rank lists. Which sucks for me cause I have a second look still coming up next week. Well, I do need to go for my own clarification, but it would have been nice to think that it would have still somehow contributed to their ranking of me. Y'all agree that most places done with rank list now? well, I guess it's a question none of us can answer as it is all so program specific. good luck everyone!!

dynamite said:
Two phone calls from directors, two unsolicited emails. All in past week. They must have all just finished their rank lists. Which sucks for me cause I have a second look still coming up next week. Well, I do need to go for my own clarification, but it would have been nice to think that it would have still somehow contributed to their ranking of me. Y'all agree that most places done with rank list now? well, I guess it's a question none of us can answer as it is all so program specific. good luck everyone!!

ditto on all that, though i'm not so sure most programs are done their lists yet. (but i'm pretty sure gwu is done their rank list based on what some residents told me.) stupid 2nd look b.s.... most of the programs i want to do 2nd looks at are lower down on my list and i hardly want to go there and be pressured into telling them how i'm ranking them. i have a friend applying to gen surg right now. a pd somehow verbally coerced her into admitting she wasn't going to rank them as her #1 (she has major moral qualms with lying as she's very religious). this match thing is just so annoying and i wish it were over already.

Members don't see this ad :)
dynamite said:
Two phone calls from directors, two unsolicited emails. All in past week. They must have all just finished their rank lists. Which sucks for me cause I have a second look still coming up next week. Well, I do need to go for my own clarification, but it would have been nice to think that it would have still somehow contributed to their ranking of me. Y'all agree that most places done with rank list now? well, I guess it's a question none of us can answer as it is all so program specific. good luck everyone!!

So I finally went to NRMP and started putting my ROL in. Anyway, it says on there that the deadline for both applicants AND programs is Feb. 22. For some reason, and I think it was the prevailing thought here, that the programs are supposed to submit before us. In fact, they have the same deadline. So, it may be that many programs have yet to submit.

dynamite said:
So I finally went to NRMP and started putting my ROL in. Anyway, it says on there that the deadline for both applicants AND programs is Feb. 22. For some reason, and I think it was the prevailing thought here, that the programs are supposed to submit before us. In fact, they have the same deadline. So, it may be that many programs have yet to submit.

I've talked with 3 programs and they've all submitted already! Thank God this is almost over :)

Poety said:
I've talked with 3 programs and they've all submitted already! Thank God this is almost over :)

i heard that programs operate under the same rules applicants do. that is to say, they too can edit even their submitted lists up until the feb 22nd deadline.

MDgonnabe said:
i heard that programs operate under the same rules applicants do. that is to say, they too can edit even their submitted lists up until the feb 22nd deadline.

I'm sure they can, but I think what these programs meant that they had their meeting and submitted - I don't think they're gonig to meet again to resubmit - so I'm betting the game is over thank God!

Howz your list coming girl? Is all well? PM ME!

crazyshrink said:

well, i can tell you that i know at least 3 of us fellow Duke interviewees who have received NEITHER phone call NOR hand-written letter. so, feel the warm and fuzzies, my friend. :love:

Anyone interviewed at UM/JMH?
Interested in impressions about the program...ultimately goal for me. :)

My 2 cents:

I'd imagine that the training programs are in the same boat as the applicants. They would like to get their top group but are aware that nobody gets all of their top picks. They want to express interest so that the applicants feel the love, but they also don't want to be annoying. Most probably do contact the people who are in their top cluster but are unsure as to how far down to go in terms of calling since they would end up showing love to people who who won't match with them. They don't want to get the reputation as a tease/liar and so wouldn't want to promise anything to people outside of their top handful. The people who do the interviews are also, I imagine, busy, since they have plenty of other things to do than make contact with dozens of senior medical students every year. They are also, presumably, aware that the whole thing--including the correctness of their list--is a crapshoot.

I would probably not make a big deal about getting or not getting phone calls. Call them if you have a specific question or concern. If the training director calls, however, I would call back since, frankly, I think it's kind of rude not to do so and, worse, the lack of a callback indicates a lack of interest and will likely drop you in their rankings.

Finally, I don't care much whether the director writes me a love letter as an applicant. I care much more whether they recruit smart, hard working residents and faculty; whether the general institution respects psychiatry; whether the town is compatible to my lifestyle; etc. As for training directors who want to blow me kisses... I mean, I already have a mom and don't need another one.

Has anyone received any positive feedback from the cheif resident or chairman at Emory since they interviewed?

PsychMD2B2006 said:
Has anyone received any positive feedback from the cheif resident or chairman at Emory since they interviewed?

Yeah, I got an email from both of them, on Valentines Day of all days... :love:

PsychMD2B2006 said:

Not from the chief resident or chairman, but I did receive a few emails from Crowder, the PD. I think if you just give him a call, he'll be pretty forthcoming about your position.

Anyone hear from Stanford?

P

Hurricane said:
Yeah, I got an email from both of them, on Valentines Day of all days... :love:

Are they in your top three?

I have a Match Violation question...

is it a violation for programs to contact applicants between Feb. 22 and Match Day?

The reason I ask is because I received a telephone call from an Asst. PD on Feb. 22 (in the morning), but I was not around at the time. I returned the call that evening prior to the 9PM deadline and left a voicemessage. I never heard back after that. Are they not allowed to contact me at this point, or is it just not worth their while?