Post interview thank you letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished an awesome day interviewing at stony brook, an unbeleivable experience. Whats with the thank you letters? What exactly are you supposed to right and to whom am I supposed to adress it to? The interviewwer or the admissions comitte in general? Any assistance here? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do a little searching on the forum, this question has been previously answered.

A thread was posted about this.
But I would write a thank you letter ASAP to the interviewer, especially if she has a seat on the committee.

I dont know about writing thank you letters for everyone. I believe it is a little excessive, but everyone has their own opinion!

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive just been sending thank you emails.

I emailed the prof that interviewed me. And then I wrote a letter to the adcom thanking them.

Thank you letters are sent to the people that interviewed you. They should have given you a business card with their address on it. You just send a snail mail letter to those people, and if you want, to anyone you spoke to for more than two minutes. Just say my name is ----- and I wanted to thank you for the time you spent with me during my interview. You are a very nice and professional person and meeting with you made my day a very pleasant one. It is that simple and it is very important. Have fun and good luck.