Post-Interview...what do you make of this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LuckyBunny2009

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wrote a thank you email to one of my interviewers, and in his reply, he says "good luck with all of your upcoming interviews." Is this good or bad? I'm stressing out.

Also, in that same interview, I accidentally fudged while discussing my research...minor point in protein structure, but he does research in the field and was like "oh really? I didn't know that." What do I do? This is a school that cares a lot about research. And the mistake is in my wording...I didn't clarify so it might have been taken for something else. Can I rectify this somehow? or it shouldn't matter?

Thanks guys!
 
I wrote a thank you email to one of my interviewers, and in his reply, he says "good luck with all of your upcoming interviews." Is this good or bad? I'm stressing out.

Also, in that same interview, I accidentally fudged while discussing my research...minor point in protein structure, but he does research in the field and was like "oh really? I didn't know that." What do I do? This is a school that cares a lot about research. And the mistake is in my wording...I didn't clarify so it might have been taken for something else. Can I rectify this somehow? or it shouldn't matter?

Thanks guys!


The good luck comment is neither good nor bad. It is simply a comment meant to be encouraging to you as the applicant. You really should not read into it.

As far as the protein structure.....forget about it. There's nothing you can do, and more importantly, there's nothing to rectify. You are freakin out over little things that dont matter. Just try to relax and move on or you'll drive yourself crazy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'll be OK. Take some deep breaths and stop thinking about it. You're trying to read between the lines when there isn't anything there. The protein thing probably wasn't a big deal and there's nothing you can do about it now so just do yourself a favor and get it off your mind.
 
I think in the morning, you'll read your first question and laugh at how ridiculous it is; I can't think of how many e-mails I've signed with "good luck."

Hopefully you'll also realize that your second concern is moot too. If a school rejects you, it will not be for so minor a detail.
 
Many people in your position over analyze benign comments and blow very human mistakes out of proportion. That is exactly what you are doing. Get over it.
 
LuckyBunny, two things

#1 I hope your questions were actually jokes meant to show how ridiculous premeds can be. If so, you did an excellent job of portraying the part of the "Freak-Out Premed".

#2 If you are not joking, and these were, in fact, legitimate concerns, I'd focus more on learning to relax, and less on getting into medical school.