Post-Licensure Assessment System (PLAS) Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Weo

Resident
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the Post-Licensure Assessment System (PLAS)? I was requested by a medical board to have an assessment done and am trying to gather more information. There is limited information on the FSMB website and seems quite variable compared to the standardized SPEX. Any suggestions on preparation for this PLAS assessment? Any ideas on a timeline for this process? Any additional information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need to answer, and you probably shouldn't answer, but it depends on the board's concern:

For example, is it the fact that you haven't practiced for 10 years to raise a family and want to get back to medicine?
Did you have a stroke, and they are concerned about your basic motor, perception and cognitive skills?
Have they identified a deficiency based on board complaints that they are concerned about?
Have you received hospital/board discipline due to anger/harassment issues?

Their concern should give you an idea of what you need for preparation. The details can and will vary greatly on this and where the assessment will be performed.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone had experience with the Post-Licensure Assessment System (PLAS)? I was requested by a medical board to have an assessment done and am trying to gather more information. There is limited information on the FSMB website and seems quite variable compared to the standardized SPEX. Any suggestions on preparation for this PLAS assessment? Any ideas on a timeline for this process? Any additional information would be appreciated. Thanks!
I have recently been sent for this by a medical
Board. Glad there is someone who I can ask about it now. Can you please give me any information you think would be helpful about it?