Post-Match - Dental Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentres2020

Reaction score
Hello,

Do any of you know how to go about it if you applied to a speciality residency and did not match, but trying to do post-match with GPR? Do we have to get new LORs since the old one talks about you applying for the speciality?

Would really appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would also like to know if you need to get new LORs if you applied to a specialty and didn't match

Ressing a zombie, but having been involved in the selection process in an AEGD and having spoken to faculty in my residency now; it does not look great as it shows that you are using it as a back-up. You would be in the back of the line for selection.

Ressing a zombie, but having been involved in the selection process in an AEGD and having spoken to faculty in my residency now; it does not look great as it shows that you are using it as a back-up. You would be in the back of the line for selection.
This is not accurate. During the post-match there are empty slots that need to be filled. So using your theory everyone is in the back of one line. Programs need you just as much as you need them.

A list comes out after match day with all the openings. You contact the programs directly and they will ask you to email your application for review.

Reactions: 1 users
True enough for post match, speaking from my limited experience being told about phase 1 match applicants recycling the LORs for a different specialty in phase 2 that specifically mention that in the referral. But honestly if you are a great candidate and can get that message across when you speak to the program directors it should not matter. Post match helps as they do want to fill the positions, if you are a decent candidate you have a good chance. At the post match, time is more of the essence as they do get a lot of great candidates calling in / emailing their paperwork.

Reactions: 1 user