Breaching Dental Residency non-match contract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalhelp16

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering what the consequences are for pulling out of a non-match dental residency contract and entering the match? (Other than the non-match program being upset at you and your references/dental school) Would you be banned from the match?

Members don't see this ad.

why did you say yes?

They talked about this previously. Probably no legal repercussions. However, the field in which you specialize might be a small world..

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
They talked about this previously. Probably no legal repercussions. However, the field in which you specialize in might be a small world..

Would you be banned from the match? Is it considered a Match violation?

Only do it if absolutely necessary. For example, not liking the location may not cut it. It's a small world and PD are likely to know each other.
Consequence may be getting banned from the match process if the schools or NMS finds a violation of the applicant agreement.

#3 - " If I choose to accept a position at a program that is not participating in the Match, or decide not to participate in the Match for any other reason, then I will submit a withdrawal from the Match and will not submit a Rank Order List for the Match."