Post MCAT LOR Question...

Started by TicAL
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TicAL

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted this same question on the pre-allo board, but no one responded. Hopefully you guys will have more experience with this 😕



Alright, so after receiving my mediocre MCAT scores last night, I've decided to put off applying until next year. I figure in this time I can improve the GPA, get some more medical experience, and maintain whatever's left of my sanity

Anyways, I've already collected letters of recommendation from a few professors, but I guess I won't be using them. When I apply next year, can/should I use some of the letters I had written this year, or should I just gather a whole next batch of them next year. Does it look bad to send out letters that were written a year ago?
 
Well it looks like this question has been beat to death, I probably should have scrolled this board first 😉

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=206114
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=203454
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=206735

After reading those threads, I still don't know what to think. Do adcoms care about how recent the letters are? If they do, should I just ask my letter writters to save copies of what they have so I can use them next year?