Post-MS1 summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyNameIsOtto

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, previous posts probably talk about what students do during summer after first year....but I wanna know what you guys are doing THIS summer.

I'll probably spend it in a lab.

What are some interesting ideas besides backpacking in europe and curing AIDS in africa that every other MS1 says they are doing this summer?

Members don't see this ad.

Med school is a long sport. Seriously, you should enjoy yourself that first summer. I'm a fourth year now, but I remember that I'm very glad that I didn't work that summer. If you want to do something productive and still have fun, try going to spain to learn spanish, or south america. Remember, this is your last free summer. ever.

Yeah I know, previous posts probably talk about what students do during summer after first year....but I wanna know what you guys are doing THIS summer.

I'll probably spend it in a lab.

What are some interesting ideas besides backpacking in europe and curing AIDS in africa that every other MS1 says they are doing this summer?

I will most likely be in a lab, but for the first time i am only going to be working 40hrs/week. We get about 12 weeks off, so im gonna go somewhere at the beginning and end of summer, and work the ten weeks in between.

Many of those 'take the summer off types' don't need money as mush as you or I. If i'm not working, im homeless.