Post office has caught the AMCAS bug!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mossjoh

Mayo Clinic-PGY2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I sent Rush a secondary app with my fee on Friday of last week via snail mail. Well, its lived up to the name "snail mail."
Rush claims that they have yet to receive that envelope.
Wierd.....its been a week!!!!!!

What can I do now? What should I do? I need some advice. Maybe give it a few more days and if they still haven't received, put a stop payment on that check and resend the application? This time with tracking?

Any thoughts?

Mossjoh

Members don't see this ad.

i would wait a few days - it's likely that since they're receiving so many documents and everything, even if they've received it, it might take a few days to get it into their system that's its been received. good luck!

moss, like i said in the chatroom, wait until 3pm central time on monday. That way, they'll have gotten 3 days worth of mail and will still be open for phone calls.

Members don't see this ad :)
I send all secondaries, paper copies, pictures, etc. priority mail with delivery confirmation. Costs a little more, but you can track it and know exactly when it's delivered.

Let me tell you a little story about the post office:

Last year when I applied to medical school, like a neurotic person, I called the shools every once in a while to see what my application status was. Well, in the beginning of March, I called New York Medical College. The guy on the phone asked, "Oh you know you were invited for an interview in a letter dated January 31, right?"

Well, of course I didn't know and I immediately scheduled the interview. THank GOD there wasn't an interview date in the letter because I would have obviously missed it and blown my chances for admission.

Well, because it was so much later than my letter, the only available interviews they had were in April and May...VERY late. By the time I interviewed, they only had wait list positions available. And guess what...the wait list NEVER officially moved this year. They accepted people with OPEN applications later in the year, but no one directly on the wait list.

See the moral here? If the USPS didn't lose my interview letter, things might have been different and I might have gotten into school last year. But alas, I'm going through the process again this year.

By the way, to this day I haven't received my interview letter in the mail. THe post office claimed no responsibility despite the fact that the mail in my city was only being delievered every other day due to a ton of people quitting.